Series 1 Sud Sway Bar mounts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Series 1 Sud Sway Bar mounts

Does anybody have a set of front sway bar mounts for the early suds? These had a 21mm front bar. The mounts are different in shape to the later 18mm bars - so I can't use the later mounts or bushes.

I really want to fit a 21mm front bar to my series 3 for road use, so I can then get a larger rear bar. Problem is, I have the 21mm front bar, but only one mount! I can buy the bushes from pedders, no problem, but does anyone have the mounts and bolts? Willing to pay!

I've included some pictures. You can see the shape is quite angular - different to the later type, which are more rounded. (later type not pictured)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sway1.jpg (35.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg sway2.jpg (34.6 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Series 1 Sud Sway Bar mounts

If no Luck you have at least you have a good pattern to get one made / make one yourself out of suitable bar.
Good luck
AO Member
Re: Series 1 Sud Sway Bar mounts

I assume you mean anti rollbar when you say sway bar? I think I may have some somewhere, but it will be the xmas holidays before I get a chance to look.

If you have stiff shocks and springs, I'm not sure you will see much difference between the two, the 16v one is also a different shape, so while thinner, might also be as stiff ? not sure on the latter...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

bar , mounts , series , sud , sway