a late start to the afternoon but got a bit more done. starting to get a bit more room in the shed now
some bits and pieces were a bit dusty being under other things but i eventually found it all. the bolts were all cleaned up on a wire wheel which is the time consuming bit, then assembled using white grease to hopefully keep it all rust free and stop the bolts siezing up in the bushes incase any bushes have to be changed in the future.
started off by fitting the shock absorbers then lifting the beam into place with the springs, the shockers held it in place with just a little help from my jack.
the sideways bar was next (can't remember what it's called
) to help keep the axle a bit more in line.
the stub axles were then put on, with the spacers but not the calipers yet, haven't got them ready yet
the arms were then fitted to complete the job. managed to fit the top ones the wrong way round to start with but once i realised it was an easy swap.
it will all be tightened once the car is on the ground so the bushes are held in the level position. important really as if they are tightened when in "droop" it will twist them when the car is lowered causing early failure
an early finish as it's saturday night, but pleased with progress. going to put the wiring loom in tomorrow morning then will probably have the afternoon out with the family.
some pics show reflected red from the car so look a bit patchy, there is also the odd area where it will need touching in from fitting scratches etc or where things have been stored, but i do like the black & red combo
only question is what colour to do the calipers
red or silver
i did actually wonder tonight what i will do when it's finished, something i haven't really thought that much about as it has always seemed so far away from completion, now the end really does seem in sight
i will think of something