cheers guys, i was very down yesterday about it, if a scrap man had come along with a bundle of cash he would have got a sale
not so bad today, kind of resigned myself to 2 things
1/ if i sell it now its only really worth scrap value
, would anyone buy it as a project in the condition it is in (apart from me
) so i may as well carry on as if i end up ballsing it up it will still only be worth scrap value, as long as i don't spend a fortune on new panels
2/ there is absolutely & completely no way on earth it will be on the road for this august
that was originally my aim to get it ready for the meet (can't even remember where it is now) which had the annual sud/sprint get together on august 10th, which just happened to be my 40th birthday.
nice plan gone straight out of the window, at least when the missus surprises me with a weekend away in Italy (always, always wanted to go there, not been as yet) i won't have to make a choice, like it is going to happen anyway
i will be at the meet being envious of everyone else
did manage to get away from work a bit early tonight so have finished off the screen pillar work, just don't look further than 3 inches in any direction though
had a bit more of a poke around and found a few more holes, this one is just right for catching all the water running off the screen panel and running under the wing and into the pillar, no wonder the bottom is rotten
the section at the joint between the inner wing/bulkhead/wing rail has been repaired before but needs a bit better job making of it
nothing is impossible i guess, just not always sensible
i will keep carrying on with it until it starts to resemble painting the forth road bridge, as long as i don't have to redo these first few jobs once i have got all the way round
the new plan (decided just now
) is to take this summer to get it all welded up, the basic bodywork/filling done then take the shell to jim's for him to get the new paint on over the winter. if i leave the car with him for a few months
so he can do it between jobs then the price will come down quite a lot, if i pushed him to have it done this summer over a couple of weeks or so then the price would be a lot more.
once everything is freshly painted and sealed up then next spring will see the resurection begin.