Question about springs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-07-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

33 1.7 IE

Question about springs

I'm in situation to buy springs with shocks from 16V Quadrifoglio and put them to my 33 1.7, originaly 1.5. It has springs that are, hm how I say cut so they are a bit lower and harder than original from 1.5.

I was thinking to put the springs of QV but I don't know what I'm gonna get with that. Beacause I see that even 16V QV with that original shorter and harder springs had much roll in corners... I think even more that my 33 with cutet springs.

What is the diference, then, between original shorter springs from QV and regular but shorter springs that I have now on my car? I was thinking that is a same thing but when I see how much roll QV have, I'm not so sure anymore.

And also what is the diference between QV springs and aftermarket springs like eibach, omp, apex, weitec...
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: Question about springs

Hi, i would be a bit careful with cut springs as they often wont seat properly...
I had uprated lower Jamex springs on my 16v and the P4 and they were much stiffer in compression, cutting out some body roll but not completely.
i think the anti roll bar has a lot to do with this aspect.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

question , springs