33 idles in gear but shakes...! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 04-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tirane
33 idles in gear but shakes...!

Hi fellows!

I'm starting this thread as lately i'm experiencing something that is making me worry about my 33.

I'll try to explain it briefly as probably this is a known problem for most of you. Here it is:

The car runs fine, acceleration is great and no hesitation. I recently serviced it, oil change, filters change, new tires.
I have noticed that if I'm in the 1st or 2nd gear and i take the foot of the accelerator and let the car idle in gear it does catch itself but it starts to shake a little. This shaking is almost unnoticeable but is there and I don't want it. I have few days i have noticed it and I think is just the beginning of the problem.
I know it could be many things but I need to focus and find out what is causing this.

I run no cat (took it off), air/fuel gauge shows good lambda working, lately the voltmeter shows a drop in the battery power (maybe affects), and here most of the time we get crap quality petrol... These are few points that might help or lead to the real problem.
Once again, the car revs fine and acceleration is great, no smoke at the pipe no mater you rev it 6500 rpm, and I do quite often before putting the next gear. I never push her hard if my 33 hasn't reached the optimal temp. I hope its not some sh.t like TPS or any other component in the fuel system!

Any idea guys?

Cheers Elvis

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

gear , idles , shakes