I also will search on forums for the volumes of 8v chamber..
Ps.: I have seen last photos from Bert and I was wrong,
the heads for 1.3/1.5 of years 1990-94 (hydraulic tappets)
are not "quite flat", they seams exactly same chamber form
as the 1,7 8v head in the last photos..I also put two photos
I'm a bit interested to know which are the differences
between 1.7 heads (1988-1994) and 1.3-1.5 heads (1990-94),
if are important (for ex. like different in-out channels) or minimal..
I know heads for 1.7 are specific (they have one
different alfa spare code respect 1.3-1.5 1990-1994)
so some details must be different, I was thinking it
was a different chamber, but now I really don't know?
Apparently 1.7 heads have same specification of 1.3-1.5 heads:
- similar (identical?) chamber (see photo attached)
- same 40-33 valves (same alfa spare code)
- same camshaft (same alfa spare code)
- same (hydraulic) tappets (same alfa spare code)
- same water/oil passages disposition/diameter
- same inlet channel diameter (see photo attached,
about 37mm diameter at (upper) surface, but 33mm
effective diameter some mm below surface)
- may be have different diameter out-passages?
For 1.3/1.5 out-channel are 30mm diameter
measured at the head (under) surface,
may be in 1.7 heads are bigger?
An so, if chambers are similar, to fit higher 72mm stroke,
pistons of 1.7 8v must be 2mm lower than 1.3-1.5 pistons?
Last edited by bobkelso; 15-02-15 at 22:31.