Alfasud / Webasto Folding Sunroof ?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
Alfasud / Webasto Folding Sunroof ??

I have an ongoing alfasud ti S3 project currently striped, I'm aware from previous experience with my series 2 Alfasud ti, the Glass Hatch Style Roofs tended to leak.

I'm debating on wheather to replace the Glass Hatch Sunroof (as fitted to most late S3 cars) with a Webasto Folding Sunroof or have the Roof Panel Welded to make a solid water tight panel again, before I have the car Repainted.

The cost of Professionally Welding the Roof Panel or fitting the Folding Vinyl Sunroof seem fairly similar.

Interested to hear other peoples thoughts & experiences with the Folding Sunroof.

Look forward to hearing soon

Last edited by david44; 23-04-14 at 12:27.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Sunroofs are the work of the devil. A mate and I removed one and welded in a panel on a sprint years ago - it wasn't easy. You have to be very careful when welding as the roof panel distorts. If you have an experienced welder you should be ok, or maybe consider getting another complete roof panel as it might be easier and give a better result.

I also had one of those folding/sliding vinyl sunroofs on a Mitsubishi - not the greatest to be honest. It never leaked but the wind noise was awful.
AO Platinum Member
Weld the hole up.
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Sud Ti QV

My first Sud in 1981 had a Webasto sunroof and I loved it. Driving through France with the roof folded back on sunny days are some of my best memories of Sud ownership.

I have comtemplated putting one in my curent Sud but have decided on the following: -
If the current Britax one starts leaking I will have the thing replaced by a Webasto one.

The nearest thing to a Sud Cabriolet

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

alfasud , folding , sunroof , webasto