Cams 4 Sprint - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Anglesey
Re: Cams 4 Sprint

Originally Posted by David C
The 1.7 came with 40's as std.
The 1.5 came with 36's (some 1.5 also came with 40's)

IDF & DRLA are also used on VW Beatles (the proper old type, not the new VW Golf type!), most tuned versions seam to use 40's but there will be some high tuned versions with 45's.
I thought we'd sorted this argument before, that some 1.7s also came with 36s as STD.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Iwould suggest you just get bigger chokes for your 40s. eg 34mm or 35mm should be fine.from the std ones in it which will be 32mm or poss 30mm.(you will also need bigger main jets)
and make sure you go to get it tuned on a engine dyno.
For cams I know Piper 349 cams are a good cam and they would probably post abroad,but i dont know for sure About £220 for reprofile,eg you send them a set of old 1.5 cams with good lobes.They reprofile to 349 spec.and send them back to you.
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 145 156 146

If you still looking for cams, you can ask excellent place to find cams. about the intake you can use a electronic programable fuel injection megasquirt, simple and very very cheap
AO Member

Unless you are going very modified, the 40mm carbs are plenty good / big enough.

I use the 1500cc cam carriers and 105bhp 'green cloverleaf' cams on my 1700cc 8v production spec racer (as do most others). With a standard manifold and light porting on the heads, it gives about 135bhp. Other than ram pipes and ITG filters, the rest of the engine is factory standard including 40mm Dellortos. So with some light head porting, mild cams, filters and a good manifold, you should be able to get 140 to 145 bhp quite easily. I'd go for Dellortos, as you get better mid range, top end power is the same with Dellortos or Webers in my experience.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

cams , sprint