1.7 Coil & Trigger Box (Ignition Module) New Parts Available - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey
1.7 Coil & Trigger Box (Ignition Module) New Parts Available

I've added this post onto one of my recent threads but thought I'd add it as a unique thread so it's more noticable. I hope it's of help to anyone.

I have a 1.7 engine from a 33 - 905A 3 30550 (1986 – 1989/90)

After investigating my coil set up I can confirm that the ignition coil I currently have is classified on the Bosch website as being an 'Independent aftermarket part (IAM)', code: 0 221 600 002. Next to my ignition coil is a 'Trigger Box', code: 0 227 100 123.

Unfortunately the ignition coil code: 0 221 600 002 has been discontinued. The website suggests a 'comparing product' - ignition coil code: 0 221 122 317 but that has been discontinued too.

The Trigger Box looks available on the website but doesn't make it clear.

These two ignition coil codes are the same codes that have been mentioned on another thread by Brit01 back in 2007 who also had the same Independent Aftermarket Part as me and then managed to purchase the 'Comparing Product'.

I'd like to buy a new ignition coil and preferably a new Trigger Box (also called an Ignition Module) so this is not good news.

I phoned Camberley Auto Factors and asked them if they can help, quoting both the ignition coil code 0 221 122 317 and the Trigger Box code: 0 227 100 123. They have an alternative ignition coil made by 'Valeo' at 29.94 and they have an alternative Trigger Box (Ignition Module) made by 'Intermotor' at 33.47. Once I find out the codes I will add them to this post.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

alfa 33 s2

Hi this may help. The set up is a bosch distributor, the caps are easy to get hold of. The module is one used for all these set ups. intermotor code 15010. If you need more help I can give you the details in terms of coil resistance etc from the work shop manual.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

box , coil , ignition , module , parts , trigger