The ignition advance should be set at warmed up engine.
1. connect the magnetic pickup of the timing light to the 1st cylinder's high tension lead
2. disconnect the hose from the distributor's vacuum advance chamber
3. loosen the distributor retaining screw
3. the idle RPM must be between 850 and 950
4. use the timing light on the flywheel, adjust the advance knob until the "T" mark is aligned with the arrow
in the observing window
5. read the advance value, it should be between 7 and 9 degrees
6. If the advance value is not within the range above, adjust the distributor housing (clockwise - decreases the basic advance, anticlockwise - increases the advance)
7. repeat from step #3
8. when finished, the distributor retaining screw must be re-tighten. After this check the advance again.
9. reconnect the vacuum hose