Got the P4 home safe and sound from Stornoway. Caught the train up to Edinburgh and then flew over on Saturday morning. Drove the car back to Edinburgh Saturday evening and then back home today.
Will post some photos tomorrow, but here are a list of first impressions from the drive and a quick look around:
- Engine is great
- All the gears are good though. Second is fine. Just need to be precise when shifting into second
- Interior is all good and all works. Seats are comfy. Needs a bit of a clean, but very together
- Warped front brake disc on the drivers side I think
- Brake booster not working (might be something else, but will do a complete brake service, pads, discs, make sure all calipers are working etc)
- Slight thrumming noise from drivers side at motorway speeds - could actually be the warped disc just hitting the pads as can just feel it through the steering, but equally, wheel balance, tyre bulge - that kinda thing
- Bearing whine from the 4 wheel drive system. Its not there if the fuse for the system is removed, so something to do with the electric clutch being engaged and passing the 5% or more drive through to the back wheels. I would guess either the output shaft bearing on the back of the box, or one of the viscious coupling bearings, as it sounds like the middle of the car not the back axle
Externally, the OS quarter will need some investigation next summer. Start of a little bit of bubbling near the fuel filler and towards the rear wheel arch. Nothing bad or eye catching now, but definitely there. Everywhere else, the panels have been touched in here and there, and looks like the rear door upper halves have been painted. Its had 2 new front wings in the past which could be re-fitted to give a better shut line with the bonnet - oh and those bonnet scoops. Just stuck on and will have to go
Also got loads of spares which I need to sort through.
Very pleased for the price I ended up paying, even including the cost of the trip.