Deggy's 33, Shrew's Sprint - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Deggy's 33, Shrew's Sprint

Hi all, just a very quick one for you, maybe as inspiration to all the boxer restorers out there currently missing the sunshine whilst their beloveds are still in bits and pieces!

that includes me too!

Deggy came over yesterday, his car running less than perfect, and we got that sorted to sweeeeet! but more about that in his other thread so i won't harp on, but seeing as the sun was shining, and his car is GORGEOUS, and one of the very last Bianco Argento 33's on the road, we couldn't resist taking a few piccies of couple of Golden Beauties!

so i took my Sprint up the lane, Deggy followed me up to the old airfield entrance, I took my Dad, and Julian went in with Deggy for a sample of 16v Power, and we had a few for the album,

this was really to show off Deggys 33, it was the first time i'd seen it again since finishing his rebuild, and the result is beautiful, he has a stunning 33, but is too modest, (or lazy!) to post much up about it, so i thought i'd do it for him,! ha ha!

the car started out as a 150 purchase from a mates Grandfather who was clearly no longer able to maintain it properly (if i recall correctly mate?), so it had fallen into a state, but Deggy had always loved the car, and took on the challenge that took him a few years to complete, including a complete strip, welding, straighten and respray, another engine had to be sourced too, all new suspension, the Zender wheels are really really nice, but he's on the look out for some more retro 15's if anyone has anything?

the car is testament to the hard work, time , and money he has sunk into it, and i thought you should al see it,

well done Deggy mate, she's wicked!

Deggy's Alfa Romeo 33 16v QV - YouTube

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

GT Junior

I second Shrew's comments, Deggy's 33 looks fantastic and pulls like a train! (the engine seemingly revs for ever and ever - I'm really impressed by the Boxer 16v engine.)

Well done Deggy, great little car you have there.

You just need to fit the twin 40s now to put the icing on the cake!
AO Platinum Member
County: Shropshire

Makes this all the more tempting
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

alfa 33 1.7 16v

Cheers guys, just need to get the inside done now and it will be finished. Yeah you were right shrew, my mates grandad was finding it hard to keep on top of looking after this and his classic convertable Volvo. I remember walking past it when I was 15 saying to my mates " that car is awesome I'm going to buy it one day" 9 years later I asked him in passing conversation if he still had it and he said he's going to sell it or scrap it and he wanted 350 for it, two days later my 306 went with a bang on the m1, my mate rang me and said 150. I got a year of care free driving out of it then decided it was either move on or fix it up as it needed a lot of welding. Thanks to my mate for lending me his garage for six months and my cousin for welding it I got it back on the road last august in all shades of primer and in december my friend setup a spray and body shop and mine was first job in.
you've done a splendid job of it mate,

pat yourself on the back!!!
Great little story with a smooth out come
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 33 racer

Looks really tidy - nice one!
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

widebody sud ti

they both look very nice cars l
AO Silver Member
County: Leics.

Member car:

Ex 3 Sprints

Nice cars!
County: Nicosia
Nice pictures Shrew and Deggy
AO Silver Member
County: Stirling
Jewish Gold mmmmmm

Cracking pics lads... I had a nice 155 in this shade, she was a little stunner

Doh why did I say 155 I now want another

Last edited by alfa scozia; 10-11-13 at 13:29.
ha ha!

i thought you had a couple, or at least knew of one or two your way rodger, did they both sell?

although, i think you have enough on your plate, that sort of thing should never stop the aquisition of another Alfa!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

deggy , shrew , sprint