Well so much for having it ready by March...
Since I last posted we have:-
1. Removed all of the paint from the intermediate bulkhead as there had been some brake fluid damage and undercoated it.
2. Using inspiration from rsfruitbat tied the front of the cage to the strut turrets.
3. Fitted the 16v crossmember
4. Acquired NOS transverse links from a seller in Italy and stitch welded them as per the rusty arms that came off the car, media blasted and repainted.
5. Stitch welded and modified a NOS set of semi trailing arms to accept a rod end bearing on the inner end to allow camber adjustment, media blasted and repainted.
6. Media blasted and repainted the front hubs and fitted new bearings.
7. Acquired 164 TS 257mm dia brake discs and had mounts made up to accept Wilwood calipers.There are two versions of the discs and I believe I got the wrong discs as they needed a slight chamfer as they fouled the hub caliper lugs but are fine now.
8. Rust removed from driveshafts and repainted them (boots to be renewed next).
Next steps are to re-assemble the suspension, get it on its wheels, re-position and fit the strut brace, paint the intermediate bulhead area and sort the electrics.
I'll stick a few photos up tomorrow.
Last edited by ad; 31-07-13 at 22:08.