I've finally sourced a chrome bumpered Sprint after many, many years of searching. (Reliving my youth - I had a chrome bumpered Sprint as my first car back in 1983!)
I have a few questions which I'm hoping you knowledgeable chaps will be able to answer for me please?
1) Are the seats (Front and rear) interchangeable between the whole of the Alfasud range? (To give more choice when sourcing replacements)
2) Can rear seat belts be fitted from a later model Sud reasonably easily?
3) My car has a different key for the ignition barrel to the one used for the doors. Are the ignition and door key barrels the same size and fit on all Alfasud models when looking for a matching key lock set? (Am I being a little optimistic on finding such parts on this one?)
4) Can anything be done to improve/upgrade the brakes on the car? (All of the calipers have very recently been refurbished with good pads and work fine but lack the bite of modern day cars - I know it's a 30 year old car but it'd be nice to have a bit more stopping power.)
5) What do people use to clean up their bumper chrome?
6) ....and finally where do people get their spares from please? (I'm aware of eBay, Justsuds and Alfasud Parts but are there any others?)
Apologies for the number of the questions but assistance with any of the questions above would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks in anticipation.