Anyone after some four pot brakes? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Anyone after some four pot brakes?

hi chaps

i wanted this Boxer Bias area of the forum to be the first to see if they fancied some big brake calipers that i currently have surplus to requirements, so this post is a prelude to a proper classified advert coming soon.

I have a pair of AP Lockheed 4 pistion calipers, i good clean condition. but does need pads and pad slide pins.

I have recently checked with AP Racing directly that all service parts are available, and they confirm that they also list upgrades to Aluminium Pistons, and Seal Kits, etc etc

I can also supply an EBC yellow stuff pad as a pattern for any type of brake pad you would care to order/cross reference.

I have some dimensions already, they are 4 x 36mm piston, and have a 25mm disc path as they are the later improved and spaced calipers to take twin vented discs, and the mounts are 90mm centre to centre, 10mm bore size mount holes.

from outer disc surface to outer caliper surface is 52mm, and when offered up on my car, there was no clearance issues with the wheels, but i am running aftermarket wheels but no extra spacing.

They are part number AP 3241 304C, but please do not ask what they fit, i cannot tell you, i bought them from a gent who has removed them from his race/rally car, and he assured me that they were fantastic brakes, lots of progressive feel from the bite power but very progressivley applied due to being applied by 4 pistons, not one or two, and the greater piston area of being 4 x 36mm.

i believe that all our alfas will require an adaptor bracket to fit these, different hole mounts and bore sizes, but that is neither difficult of expensive for any local engineer to do, and would then allow to run these calipers on discs coming up towards the 300mm mark i think.

They are very clean and tidy, ready to paint up nice and pretty, no horrid rusty crud, so could be a very tasty set of brakes for someone.

Pictures to come....

Offers welcome....

Sponsored Links
i'm after some

head still full of crap to think though

been off work with the potentially fatal manflu, just coming back to life
ooh, thats the nasty version,

did you know, fatal man-flu can kill you?

i'll bring them with me on wednesday if you want a look at them chap?

bet you wish you still had those 406 brembos now eh?

ps - just come in from the garage 10.10pm , can't breathe, filler dust has the better of me,need a drink!
AO Silver Member
County: Stirling
I do but sticking with inboards
just to help a little further, i re-contacted the race guy to find out what set up he had, and he was only using a 0.75" master cylinder, and said they worked very well indeed,

so i think maybe, these will work with our relatively small master cylinders, on suds, sprints, 33's, and not need the larger 75 version as many have found when buying larger single or twin piston calipers.

well, thats the hope anyway, as cheap and easy a positive mod as possible.

well thats this one bumped! ha ha!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

brakes , pot