So plan is:
1) remove front cross member (with wheels still on ground- this is possible isn't it?)
2) remove all pipes/cables/wires etc from engine
3) loosen slightly drive shaft allen bolts
4) remove entire exhaust system, and side engine stabilizer
5) use 2 small jacks, either side of each cylinder head to support engine
6) loosen and remove centre top engine support
7) slowly lower engine/box with the 2 small jacks until the sump sits on a long wooden plank (to slide the engine out smoothly)
8) jack up the tail end and remove pin, slowly lower tail end of box until on ground.
9) jack up the car and put on high axle stands, remove drive shaft allen bolts
10) slide out unit on greased up wooden plank.
Hope this works and if I've missed anything or doing something wrong please advice.