OK was chatting with Greek and John just now regarding the jacking points.
This is my proposed plan:
Remove exhaust and all other stuff (dizzy airbox, wires,pipes etc)
1a) Loosen front wheels, jack up and remove. Remove the allen bolts holding the drive shafts on. Replace wheels and lower again. (is this possible without the drive shafts connected?)
1b) Remove front cross member/beam first.
2) Raise the engine slightly with 2 small scissor jacks on either side of the engine to slacken the top engine mounting.
3) Lower engine and place support under the oil sump so I can remove the 2 jacks.
4) Place a jack under the spring/strut (wishbone emplacements) see pic1, slowly raise car until high enough to place axle stands under the jacking points behind front wheels.
5) Place block under struts to raise height of small jack in steps to get the axle stands higher to their max.
6) remove and lower box tail end by lowering by rope through the hand brake opening.
7) hopefully engine can be low enough now to clear the body work.
What do you think?
BUT if I remove the front cross member the strut jack point will become all wobbly no?
If so I need to place axle stands under front jacking points before removing the front cross member so there is no pressure on the wheels/struts?.
Last edited by brit01; 22-11-11 at 11:23.