one of those days today that i seem to be getting more of, loads of head-scratching and not much done
really not sure about the bumper now. the mount i made up yesterday i'm pretty happy with, really solid and should last, it's just the bumper sits so low
after a quick check with a standard ride hieght sud (cheers rich
) then checking on the other sud i have here which has been lowered (know i should have thought of that first
) it seems i will have about 100mm of static clearance to the road,hmmn. not at all sure about that until i get it back on its' wheels and have a proper look.
will also need a fair amount of work to get it sitting right along the wings as the shape is all wrong in the arch and along the top
back to the drawing board, the bumper may have to wait until i come up with a cunning plan
so i thought i'd better do something else to at least get something from the weekend.
out comes the petrol tank from the donor 33 16V that i managed to break off the top breather return pipe off
filled it with water then welded it back on with the aid of a slotted washer. took 3 attempts to get a 100% water-tight seal but all done now. didn't help being in the back garden trying to weld as the slightest breeze blows the gas away from the welding tip.
didn't fancy welding it in the shed incase in went up in flames
which it did once a spark caught onto the top strips which had probably had years of old fuel etc soaked into them, all good fun
installed the tank now and sorted out what lines i need so some more stuff to order, felt sure i had some 8mm rubber fuel lines in the shed somewhere
also changed over the oil pump to the better one i got the other week from col, cheers mate
(rad to one side for you
) , so at least a couple of jobs off the list