usual saturday, work this morning to make a mess of the day
then had to fit a fresh windscreen washer bottle and pump to the 147 to stop me losing all the fluid over the week, expensive this screenwash additive you know
so after all that i didn't feel enthusiastic about getting in the shed, below freezing point in the shade of my house where i did the 147 so at least the shed would be warmer!
did a couple of useful jobs to start off with.
welded together a few bits of scrap and a section of allen key to make an extension bar for the drive-shaft bolts, should be abel to undo them now from inside the wheel arch.
then made up a tool for holding the cam pulleys so tightenign (and loosening) the retaining nuts will be much easier. must admit to usually being a bit rough and ready and jamming a screwdriver through one of the pulley holes and against a bolt head. works but has it's dangers of slipping
only made up from a few scrap bits i had lying around, bit of box section from the engine brackets i made earlier
few bolts and old head bolts. job done, works a treat.
as i'd made the tool i then had to build one side up a bit more so i could try it out on the pulleys