Hi Deggy, the rear coils position is dictated by the spring pan fixed to the axle, so they were lined up with the axle first, and the top pan rotated until it hooked in with the coil spring end, so i think it can only fit one way fella.
the fronts are a little different, because whilst fitting the legs back in place you can rotate the coil springs and pans indefinitely, so its important more than anything to get the most shallow part of the lower spring pan facing closest to the inner wing to avoid any proximity issues, and then simply line up the top pan end accordingly.
thats how ive done them anyway, so i'm hoping thats right?
i managed to get a bit more done today, which is a must because i needed it back on its wheels so that i can evict it for the weekend and get my lads polo coupe in the workshop for "slamming" it onto his "stretched" rims!
i am not looking forward to that!!!
so, one more inner arch to tidy, i made sure i got some before and afters to show my methods this time.
firstly, the wire wheels, brushes, and flap wheels remove any flaky paint, and get rid of any surface rust or lose material.
then i cleaned the whole surface down, and prepare the entire area in red oxide, i do not want to be doing any of this again!
once the red oxide primer is cured, i'm straight on to the black, even though this will all be concealed behind the arch liner, i want it to be the best i can make it, and all inner arch panels, wings, and hopefully the entire engine bay will have had the same treatment, so there can be nowhere for the metal worm to hide, and rear its ugly head again without good reason too!