so, back to the car.
well, kev got stuck in to the rear offside sill/arch/floor junction, and after many many tedious parts of new plate assembled, its looking fab.
once the underseal was gone, the jack point looked pretty tired too, so we cut that out and welded a new stub of thick walled bar onto a fresh plate, then attached to the floor/sil in the usual place.
The photos of the area look rubbish, so once ive got them cleaned up and a bit of primer on them i'll show you how good they are.
Other area's covered today, which was news to Kev, was my determination to not only rid the fuel filler area of its rust issues completely, but wanting to have something different too.
Myself and Johnboy had discussed previously the options of a neat conversion to an aircraft type filler, but not a cheesy cheap thing like many we've seen. As a long term bike man too, i knew there was a flip type lid i had in mind that would look good, but how it would fit and wether it would work was another thing altogether, but in for a penny in for a pound as they say, so i got chopping out so i could tidy the area up once and for all.
as you can see, it wasn't too bad, and even after a strip out and cut out, and the discovery of a hole towards the door shut/pillar, it was all going to be easily dealt with, even i could do that bit, (with plenty of kevs advice of course) so i set about plating the pillar hole, and then got to work on the repalcement fuel filler.