Desperate for a piston - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help Desperate for a piston

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who has a piston so I can get my race car back on the track. I have tried all of the usual retail outlets and AROC New Zealand and Australia (I am in NZ). I only need one piston but will buy a complete set if I have to. Even 2nd hand ones will be considered!

The piston is stamped EM Borgo 84.2. The .2 part is the problem. There are many .4 and .6 available but my engine has only been bored out to .2 and I want to keep it that way.

Any help to source would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Setúbal
Re: Desperate for a piston

Welcome to Alfaowner

I hope you can it waht you're looking for as soon as possible

BTW could you post some pics of your Race Car? and maybe enlighten us with some specs

All the best

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Sold :(

Re: Desperate for a piston

Milano Motors in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne will have it. Also try Beninca in Surrey Hills, Melbourne.

Thumbs Up Re: Desperate for a piston

Thanks guys for your input. I'll definately try the sources you provided.

I'll also scan some pictures of my car and post over the weekend if I can get time.

The lack of a piston has meant I've bought a standard 1700 to fit this weekend for the following weekends NZGP race meeting. I won't be as fast as the other GTA Class cars but at least I'll be out there.

Following is a link to our race series web site which is pretty self explainatory. My car is the Green (Verde) sprint #27 or 127 depending on the meeting.

I have just moved up to the GTA Class which is the most open class. I have been running my 1500 engine until an air cleaner part fell off and got sucked into #4 port.

Car specs are basically an acid dipped (3 times!) shell, full roll cage front to rear, Konis etc, new fibreglass front bumper/spoiler custom made (not in photos), and only stuff that make it go faster or stop. Weight at the moment in race trim is about 780kg's.

Once I get the 1500 going again the 1700 will be rebuilt to about 170HP and further weight reduction should get weight to about 760KG's.

The 1500 has been built for HP (130HP there abouts) and reliability. The current ouch is the first the engine has been out for 6 years! It has a factory cross drill crank (from one of the first 1000 90HP Suds ever made - they stopped cross drilling them to save money!), weighed and balanced pistons, oil pump from 1.7ie to prevent oil surge, modified heads for more swirl etc, cams etc.

Alfa racing here can be real cheap - NZ$1500.00 will get you started with a car. Ti class is for road going standard cars - a pair of overalls, fire extinguisher and helmet only requirements!!!!! race entry is usually only NZ$120.00. Cost for a National Race Licence is $120.00 a year and NZ$50.00 to join our race series. Cheapest in the world!!!!

Thanks again guys. Visit our website and keep in touch.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

desperate , piston