Post race round up from my garage @ home....
Catch tank as mentioned earlier seems to have caused the oil spill, on the plus side only 1.5 ish ltrs to bring the tank back to the pre determined level... 1.5 ltrs goes a long way and makes a hell of a mess it seems.
I've gone through a can of brake cleaner endeavouring to clean up as best I can but there is alot around the steering rack gators which will take it's own sweet time in going away, on the upside none of the unions would appear to be leaking which is good news.
So I'm awaiting a response around the dry sump set up, likely that some sort of plate/baffle or other solution may be required to prevent the oil exiting the top of the main tank and filling the header fairly constantly, more on this as a solution is forthcoming... Bryan I have I believe a crank case breather which should help I suspect in the event that I overfill, hopefully this wont happen as I've checked cold today after top up and following a subsequent warm up checked again to note the level having risen a little... you are so right it is a development year for sure, hopefully much fun to be had too.
I've re attached both front wings, hopefully the last time this job has to be done, they are pretty fragile where they meat the original body at the front edge of the chassis.
I'll be using sikaflex ebt to provide a bond for the gaps between the bodykit and the original body... time consuming but will save a shed load of re adjustment after every race.
Brake balance bar... I'm assured the adjuster which should have been fitted is being modified and forwarded soon.
Alternator... the powerlite unit I sourced from Rally Design will be returned, when shaken there is something loose which I dont want turning into a disaster on track, under load it is pretty noisey but it is definatly not bearings, more likely the windings.
Rad fan on order, I'll fit on arrival from Revotec.
Body work... I've repaired the damage on the back edge of the front wings, this to be rubbed down and painted during the next week or so.
Given the oily residue I removed from around the inboard brakes I suspect this will have had alot to do with my not getting the feel I was looking for when on the middle pedal.
I'm moving on from the disappointment, it's time to develop and get the best from #68