been playing with a standard air box for the sud, being a 16v, the carbs sit closer together than they would with an 8v so apart from shortening the throttle bar you also need to sort out the air box.
first of all i cut 10mm of both the trumpets and reshaped to get the radius back at the inlet.
still need to port them / clean up and match to carb intake,
air box it self,... i have trimmed about 5mm of both ends of the outlets where they join to the trumpets,.. it was that or cut in half and remove a section of the plastic airbox and also the metal cover and try to weld it back without distorting and loosing the embossed alfa romeo script.
the bottom of the air box was hitting all sorts of things like alternator, throttle cable arm, also i wanted to see if i could improve the intake side of things..
so i started to trim the air box lower section to clear the bits above, and then got to the point where i thought i may as well cut the lot out and remake it in fibre glass.
so i cut the bottom half off, and then made up a frame / structure with mesh, to then take the fibreglass.
also mounted up my air filter, not sure if i will keep the clamp thingy holding it down to the bracket i made up.
i was going to mount it from the neck but the back side of the filter is very thin and it just wobbles around if you hold it there.
still need to make up a heat shield to separate off the filter from the engine bay....
its by no means finished and it may even prove restrictive when i get it on the rollers, but at least its a starting point