How did you manage to free up the brakes? I am having the same problem.
I took them off the box then split each calliper and managed to free up the pistons using a combination of the manual adjusters, hanbrake lever and brute force/ignorance
they seemed to free up pretty easily to be honest but one of them was completely shot (luckily the car came with some spares)
on the update front, its been a bit of a non event for the last few weeks. The engine was a complete pain. As far as I can figure, something was slightly odd about the timing (even though it was running before I took it out to change the belts & waterpump). I never checked the markings when I pulled the belts but when I set everything to the factory marks during reassembly, the rotor arm was about 60degrees out from where it was supposed to be.
Then I found out that the distrubtor was seized into the block and wouldnt budge to dial in the timing. I ended up using loads of penetrating fluid, over 3 days followed by a strap spanner and a crowbar to pry it up.
Good news is that it worked out and the engine eventually fired up so it shouldnt take long to get everything reconnected and dialed in again.
Ive two weeks off starting next week so I really hope to get this thing on the road again for mid June.