Welder is a Sealey mighty mig 100, yes its gasless and even though I can alter the wire feed there is only the option of High or Low for the amperage
I found it OK on the valance on High and on 6 feed but when I got to the underside it just blew holes in the original steel so I turned it down the LOW and reduced feed to 5 and it was much better. (I know what you're saying about cleaning around the area but it was really hard / impossible to get the angle grinder into those places, so I was making do with a chisel - it was like fireworks night on some places
Probably could do with a more "variable" amperage model but they all seem to be on the £300+ side
I have decided to put a couple of coats of hammerite on first - then seem seal - then underseal (mind you it looks OK with just the hammerite - will take some more pics tomorrow)
I replaced the rubber fuel pipes (shouldn't of run her last year without doing it then) and removed the front grile/lights to "free up" the adjusters ready to reline them.
Took the jets out (I'm going to replace them with the ones out of the sud to get it through on the emissons
Then just a few bulbs, bed in the brakes and back to the MOT station