Its not an old thread ! Its an on-going project !
Sprint old engine removed and replaced with a spare 1.5 engine I had for now.
Back plate of the block removed, cleaned and ready to be bolted on the 16v engine
If you want to install a 16v injection engine in your Sprint, its almost plug and play !
1. the front crossmember of the 16v
2. front hubs and brakes of the 16v would be good to have
3. wiring and ECU of the 16v
4. coil of the 16v
5. fuel pump attached at the back and fuel filter.
If you are going 16v carb, then you need:
1. front crossmember of the 16v
2. front hubs and brakes ( again its just recommended and you might as well )
3. back plate of the 1.5 block fitted on the 16v ( if you are using the original mech pump ) OR leave the back plate as it is and buy an aftermarket electrical fuel pump for carbs.
4. carb mounts for the 16v ( can be bought from ebay )
5. flywheel of the 1.5 ( without trigger )
No need for wiring or coil changing in the second option