Got a bit more done today, fuel filler neck area, took hours..... all looks ok in the end though.
I cut away the old section to match up to the new one I had made up.
Then two small repairs were needed behind this to the inner wing, I made these small pieces up and welded them in place, welds were carefully ground back, access was a nightmare, needed a variety of tools to get in to the welds, a dremel & a small pistol drill with a selection of carbide cutters, no chance of using an angle grinder here, too large and to brutal.
Then The new outer panel was tacked into place, needed to be careful as ever to prevent distortion by carefully adding tacks between the tacks. Its not possible to get any seem sealer behind this due to the rear inner wing so I decided to completely weld it up with tacks even though it isn't structural.
Then again grinding back the welds!!! took about 1 1/2 hours just to grind back the outer welds!! nighmare, next job is the same area from the inner wing which needs a smallish repair (I hope!)
All the old paint left was removed with a wire brush on the drill and then a coating of rust killer applied, I like to use this as it is much thinner than primer and it runs into the seams better and neutralises any surface corrosion, it can easily be sanded for good adhesion of primer / filler afterwards.