I have been looking at the 'a' post at the bottom and thinking about the series 1 2-door sag problem, it doesn't look like the bootom hinge mount area has moved back with the weight of the door but I decided to look at an improvement on the strength of it anyway.
I cut up 2 small pieces of angle iron (1 for each side) and welded it in place, this will strenthen the bottom of the 'a' post considerably, after welding it in place I squirted in a load of etch primer and then some zinc phosphate on top. I have also welded to the inside of the outer sill the 2 wing captive fixing nuts then etch primed and zinc primed that as well. As I will be spot welding the outer sill on most of the paint will be ok and not get burnt off only in the area of the spot welds..
Last edited by vecchioalfa; 31-10-13 at 20:25.