decided to attack the "A" pillar area first off, then the rust that inevitably falls off doesn't fall into the sill area.
pretty scabby but not half as bad as it looks.
pic 1 shows the area before the grinding starts
pic 2 shows the metal inside the channel is like the n/s one was, very solid with only the minimal amount of surface rust, only a dis-colouring really. amazing it's in such good condition as there is very little protection inside the box section.
pic 3 clearly shows the bare
metal inside the layers.
pic 4 and all the rotten metal has been removed from the pillar and is now bright and shiny, very strong and no rust or rot at all
pic 5 i ran out of time so have just given it a red oxide coat. will make a repair section on weds night and weld it up.
a nice afternoon really. happy that rich has got down to have a look and we've made some more changes like the rear panel. he brought a nice pair of front wings that won't need a lot of work too. now they are to hand the wing mounting rails can be fitted along with the upper front panel section.
that's once the sill is done though