it's been a busy week despite the lack of reports, been doing all the little jobs that take time but don't really make for good pics.
end of sill capped off,
screen corners finished off,
boot floor welded up,
seam sealed all welds,
cleaned out all the weeks of crud from the car
took the rear window out this afternoon aiming to repair the hole but have ran out of time, jim will be doing the repair next week. just made more sense than starting another week and another weeks workshop rent just for that bit.
he will be starting on the paint prep side of things next week, trying to make my efforts disappear
won't be putting in full days work as he's semi retired but his progress is pretty good espite that.
i will be popping down to keep him on his toes and help out where i can so even though the midweek after work sessions have come to an end the visits to his workshop will continue until the car is done.
will be helping to strip down the area around the servo/heater etc so still a few jobs to keep me going
i also have a job or 2 i need to do for him, cambelt change on the dedra turbo for one. we are also going to get the beta hpe running again, has stood for a few years now so will be interesting to see what happens.
also promised a day out sailing this summer
hope the life vests are in good order, i can't swim!
have enjoyed doing the sud, very tiring at times and difficult to keep the motivation going but we got there in the end
final tally was,
15 weeks in the workshop, started just after firewroks night, nov 5th.
128 hours in total, not too bad i feel for an amatuer. sure, a professional restorer would have done it quicker but i'm happy that i did the car with the passion for keeping it on the road rather than a mere job