The Sprint hasn't seen much action of late for one reason or another; a new baby in February being the chief one!
I have a week off work this week so I decided to MOT it. It passed first time last year
and with little mileage since, I was hoping for a repeat....
Instead of my usual trek out to Perseverance at Keighley (formerly Wyn Lear), I entrusted it to our local well respected indy - actually a Volvo specialist but they do all sorts ('66 Elan in last week)
So here's the fail list, I have a few questions on some points for those that know more about it than me (all of you....
- offside headlamp not working on dipped; it was last week
a wiggle should sort that
- offside brake pipe excessively corroded
- front brake pad low
- rear fog lamp switch not illuminated - I forget, can I just replace the bulb on this panel or do I need a replacement switch?
- rear exhaust has 'major leak of exhaust gases'. I presume that's not the intended hole in the end of it then?
It is quite rotten, where's the best source of a replacement? Alfasud, Sprint and Alfa 33 Parts and Spares mailorder specialist, Alfa Romeo parts online
- both rear suspension bushes have excessive play - am I right in thinking this is a common 'uneducated' Sud fail? Seem to remember reading 'they all do that sir' even when new? Will get replaced if necessary but I wonder if a tester knowledgeable about Suds would have passed them?
-......and the bit that concerned me the most: 'Offside outer sill - seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded'
The tester wasn't around to eleborate when I picked the car up - is this likely to be a quick patch or the beginning of major surgery?
Or does it just mean the sill?
I reckon I can sort the little things easily enough, but I guess it would make sense to discover the extent of the welding needed before spending on things like the exhaust?
Brought it back really disappointed, and it had been rained on all day so I just put it away in the garage. Anyone got any pearls of wisdom on any of the above, or just plain encouragement?