Potential 33 Purchase... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Mr Lizard
Potential 33 Purchase...

I currently enjoying my 1989 33 1.7 Cloverleaf, but am thinking of upgrading to a newer model as she's getting a little rough around the edges! I've found this one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1) for sale on eBay - if it's your car, we should talk! If anyone else out there has experience of what to look for when buying this model, I'd be interested to hear it - cheers!
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 perm 4

Re: Potential 33 Purchase...

ok, first up its a left hand drive car with uk plates. so it's an import. ther emust be other rhd cars out there that would be much easier to live with.

the 16v S was the most powerful of the flat 4 engines. 137bhp and they dont hang around. the later models had better seats etc
p4 alloys..
2 speedo's.. 1 mph and 1 kph. hmm. so he could have swapped them over, done 20k and swapped them back?? plus this will mean the mot has the wrong mialge on it.
bust electric window isnt too much of a problem but will still need fixing
and rusty doors can only be fixed 2 ways.. new door or cut out the rust and add metal and filler.

if you live in a country where they drive on the wrong side of the road then i'd go for it.. otherwise its gonna be too much hassle and you could get a uk spec one for not a lot more.

if life was easy, everyone would do it.
Mr Lizard
Re: Potential 33 Purchase...

Thanks for the response, but seeing as I'm in Portugal, LHD is a priority, not a problem! As for the possible scenario of 'missing mileage', I too was concerned about this, and have thus decided to pass up on this opportunity to upgrade to 137bhp for that reason.

If anyone hears of another (LHD in particular) please let me know!

Last edited by Mr Lizard; 30-03-04 at 15:38. Reason: Itchy Trigger Finger... sorry!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

potential , purchase