Green tix update - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 01-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey
Green tix update

Hi guys sorry its been a while but one been rather busy lol.... 5 more new pic in my image galley for you to see progress, been very busy as car a tad ruster that first thought, mainly due to poor bodged tart up during the 90's. heres the progress report so far.............
Both inner flitches done, nearside strut turret double skin repaired and headlamp surrounds,n/s/door post post repaired (wing & door off) new check strap on n/s door as was missing and esay to do with door off ,then small reapir to door edge by hinge.
found n/s inner wing cracked in 3 yes, places where steering arm goes through, poss caused but totally rotten strut and flitch ??
Windscreen surround corner repair section fitted (from german comp) rough shape but took a lot of work, use as little panel as required is my advice , fits well but a little too high when filled to shaped ,but hey, iam not showing car ,just saving lol.
All welding ,filling, primer and painted wing back on, door to go on when i can get a helper to lift with me.
Next part is heater out and servo for full bulkhead section and battery tray, was repaired with a bisuit tin lid............DOH !!
( p.s prev owners hubby done work in '92 and is panel beater sparyer manager for large company shame on you !!! )
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Carmarthenshire
It's comming nicely
AO Member
County: -
AO Silver Member
County: Gloucestershire
I can't tell if you Sud has the TI X badge on the back - has it?
The reason I ask is that I have just bought one which does have the TI X badge on the back, Sunroof, rear spolier, Pepper pot (TRX) wheels, oil and water gauges at bottom of console and part of the "alfa romeo" strip at the bottom of the doors/rear wing.
It hasn't however got the colour coded grill or colour coded mirrors (these are black and the car is Silver). Now I know it has had to "new" doors on it which could take account of the mirrors and maybe at some time had a new grill (the bonnet at some time has tipped forward as the leaing edge is bent).
The thing is though I have seen some "TIX"s without the boot badge so are these really TIX's?
My 1982 Gold cloverleaf had colour coded grille as well!! but some people say if it ain't got the colour coding then it ain't a TIX.
If anyone knows the answer (is it because it's silver it hasn't been coded) please let me know as hen I get to painting stage (next year) I would like to know
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 02-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey
hi m8 mine is 100% tix as it will always be stated on log bog ( it was a uk thing to get rid of old ti ready for GCL) i have the ti x badge it was in the car with other spares, in '92 car was "restored" ha using 2nd hand door and tailgate from a red donar ti car so badges are as is on the donar tailgate ,lucky for me the previous owner kept the tix badge but never fitted it as he masked round the other badges, i will fit when car is finished.
As the grille its a spare as the car had light nudge ( see no plate got bent back) and add on top spot lights went into grille and broke it ,i will get grille painted when i get paint for other touch up parts to do all in one go.
Dont forget mirrors and grilles and even coach line stripes over the years get lost or replaced esp if you have bodywork so unless previous owners keep on top of the extras they get missed out, mine still has mirrors painted but dont forget they never made a sud let alone a tix in green 306 mine was dark brown but when done in '92 was changed to green ,the only good part of the job on car actually, every single bit was painted so very extensive respray ,hard to find any of the old brown,
see my latest pics of the bulkhead challange awaiting me thx lez

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

green , tix , update