Slowly getting there..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 06-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

Spider S4

Slowly getting there.....

Hi everyone,

I've not posted on here for a while but I have been slowly getting there with my Sud, just been really busy at work. I think last time I posted I had finished the floor on the passenger side:

I thought that was it and that the driver's side was ok but after poking with a screwdriver it was a bit worse that I thought:

Got that all done:

Under the battery tray needed doing:

and also found a couple of bits at the back of the sills:

Hopefully that's the end of the welding - as long as the MOT man agrees with me !

Brake flexis have all been replaced now with braided hoses, fuel lines replaced, lights done, electrics all checked over, interior all put back together and hopefully that's it all done and ready for MOT. I just need to get a day off from work to sort it out:

Quite pleased really with how it's turned out from what it looked like before I started and all the rust I uncovered:

Only thing really left to do is cut back the paint work. It's been re-sprayed at sometime and then I think it's been standing for a couple of years so parts of the paintwork have gone really orange. You can see in the photos that the front wings haven't faded and are quite a lot darker but where I have started cutting it back it soon goes red - just a complete pain to do and very time consuming. There's still a bit of rust at the bottom of the doors but I'll fit some other ones at some point, just want to get it tested and on the road first. The other thing I found when putting it all back together is that it's got two passenger seats. Not a huge problem as I've got a couple of seats from a GTV that I'll fit when I get round to it.

So hopefully nearly there and another Sud back on the road and i'll see some of you at some events in an Alfa at last

1969 Giulia Super (in bits)
1970 1300 GT Junior (in bits)
And another Giulia Super but 1973 and in less bits
1991 Spider S4
Sponsored Links
looking great, well done will it be on the road by august

the passenger seat that you have in the drivers side can easily be converted. if you take off the side cover (i imagine your tilt/adjusters are on the wrong side ) then you will find the mounting points to just swap everything over, side to side. that's what i did on mine. my drivers seat was a passenger one
AO Silver Member
County: Leics.

Member car:

Ex 3 Sprints

Well done Toad, great to see the progress - hopefully see you at MITCAR!
AO Silver Member
Good work! I like the revo 5 spokes by the way
AO Silver Member
County: -
Great work .
AO Silver Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

you have been hard at it, i hope you have better look than me with the m.o.t,(dam emissions) these cars were'nt built to be hooked too emission machines, thats what i said to m.o.t man who had no scence of hummer at all.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 08-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

Spider S4

Thanks for the comments and the advice on the seat, I'll give that a go. I've set the emissions as best I can with my gas analyzer so hopefully they'll be close but fingers crossed.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint