when the engine should kick!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tirane
when the engine should kick!!!

Hi friends!
My new 33 is coming back to normal, most of the power is back and I have heard no detonation anymore, even I tried again to run her with the chip inside the ECU…no detonation at all also at high temp. All this is very strange, I didn’t touch anything, just put the factory ECU for 3-4 days and then disconected the batery and put the ECU with chip. She runs like creasy now, but just with a small difference from my old 33 that I would like to talk about…
You know that moment when you’r pushing the pedal, the engine reaches the 4000rpm and then kicks and you feel her pulling and you get a lot of power than the rest is just power until redline…
I’m not getting this feeling from my new 33s engine. I push the pedal but at 4000rpm, when I shoul feel the power, I don’t feel the engine kicking after and all the way up. It revs like ‘’more progressively’’ ‘’ more soft’’ from 1000-7000rpm. I’m missing that moment @ 4000 rpm when my old engine used to kick!!!
How do you explain this???

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Pernik
Originally Posted by Alfa33boxer View Post
...... and put the ECU with chip.
That's how!
My "kick" also was gone after I chiped my Sprint. Diferent fuel maps, diferent behaviour!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

engine , kick