got a bit more done this weekend,...
repositioned the ford edis box to a better place and wired it it fully to the alfa loom.
as im not going to have a bonnet release cable i used that plastic thingy it comes thru to route the wiring inside the car to the megajolt,..
modified the fan wiring, im now using the switch in the rad to operate a relay to power the fan , rather than the ran switch doing all the work it self. the relay takes the load of it, also i ran a wire back inside the car to operate the relay to give me a fan over ride switch on the dash,, also replaced the terminals for the oil switch, battery light and coolant temp light.
it now has dash lights!! first signs of life with it!
still need to find some pipe for the bottom rad hose....
put an old 33 ie starter motor on, much more room now on the live terminal to throttle. will have to also tied the cable back so it does not hold the throttle like Mark had on his
i got stuck for "engine" things to do so then made a start on the pedal box, the case has been blasted and painted, the clutch and brake pedal still need to be painted but i have been playing with the postion of them to try and get them a bit further apart, then fitted ally pedals. just need to weld the pads to the pedals a bit more firmly and give them a paint..
after swaying either way have mad up my mind to do a sudboy and loose the heater box, and have the 3 dials in the dash vents. so i made alloy blanks for the heater hole and face vent holes to seal of cabin from engine bay.
thats about it untill next weekend i guess !