did a bit more today and yesterday,
carbs are on and done, had a drama getting gaskets for them, after getting ones that did not fit i ended up making some! i also spent a bit of time matching the gaskets to the inlet ports to help it flow along nicely, looking at how much of the valve you can see, on of the first things i want to do when the engine is running is see if i can open the throttle far enough to see the valves moving
got the throttle bar mounts on after having to make yet more corrections to the ebay inlet manifolds..the bolt holes for the bar mounts were tapped at an angle, "drunken threads" we used to call that .. so drilled them out square and put helicoil inserts in......
, i have shortened the throttle bar to the correct size, will weld it tomorrow hopefully.
made a bracket for the ford coil pack, again weld up and finish tomorrow
also got the rad in place, its actually a 33 16v rad, wider and deeper than the sud one, the top hose goes right on, but i need to get the rad modified as the lower hose comes out at 90deg to the rad, not angled like a sud rad, that will make bottom hose fitment better,.. umm what else did i do... oooo rose joint gear lever all sorted out, now im happy with how that works just need to take it out and paint it