Winter Shed Project - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Winter Shed Project

If this is for real then I'm lost for words..

the flat 8 project - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Nova T33/1.5

Man, that is sweet! Just like Porsche developed the flat-6 from the flat-4, and the flat-8 from two flat-4s, and the flat-12 from two flat-6's, and the one-off flat-16 from two flat-8's... the legend is coming to Alfa enthusiasts!

Having a one-piece crank cast specially is the real killer, and this sets the whole project apart from previous attempts at joining engines together (Chrysler Atlantique for example, with its pair of 4-cylinder Neon engines, or Franco Sbarro's Bugatti Royale replica, with a V16 made out of two coupled Rover V8s).

Of course Alfa Romeo is no stranger to this kind of engineering - one look at the pre-war 8C engine clearly shows that two inline 4-cylinder engines were joined together, nose-to-nose, with the camshaft drive in the middle.

If this engine gets to run it will be a screamer and no mistake - I like this idea for a Giocattolo engine better than the Alfa V6 used in the original prototype

I'd read somewhere that Carlo Chiti acted as a consultant to Hruska on the 'Sud programme, and there's more than a little similarity between the flat-4 and the flat-12 designed for the T33... I'd like to think there is a connection there somewhere

I shall be keeping an eye on this development - thanks for the linky, ad!

Incidentally, has anyone thought of making a flat-6 boxer by adding two cylinders???

Alfanauts are GO!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

project , shed , winter