16v Boxer Engine on Ebay - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Mark Alfa
Sponsored Links
County: Nicosia
I love it when they say " this engine is from a much loved Alfa 33 " ....yeah... so loved that it was left to rot

200 pounds is cheap for such an engine but , if it was under so much love, you can never know if they ever changed the oils in it or if it was left outside in the rain for the past year or so.

Personally I would only buy this engine if I wanted a 16v to rebuild !
No idea how many miles it did either
AO Member
I'd suggest that someone has been driving their 33 on salted roads in the winter. Not something that would be too likely to happen in either Cyprus or New Zealand, thank heaven.

It is amazing how well these engines do survive in outside storage. One of my racing friends picked up a dirty rusty scruffy looking 1992 16V. It had a fair bit of rust in the rear panel and under the battery, but had only done from memory around 60,000 km ! The owner had stopped driving it for some reason, it had been unregistered for over two years and had to have a (rigorous & costly) re-registration inspection. That never happened, so it sat and rotted !

The car sat for 6 years in the back yard of a house in Auckland. The guy just wanted rid of it and it cost my mate $100 NZ ( GBP 45 approx) and a dozen beer ! Not bad value, even if the car was covered with moss & lichen.

The bores and cams etc were perfect ! The engine now resides in his race car with 45 webers and some rather lumpy AHM cams..... :-) Now that is cost effective !

ALFA - Always Looking For Another ?
County: Nicosia
Not bad at all !!! Very nice deal
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire
I got my 1712 c.c lump complete from a guy in DEEPEST Devon.If we had not gone down in a Shogun to get it,We would have NOT got out of there.How does a good 'sud engine get all the way down there.Stored in an outside shed for over ten years and she runs a treat.Why can't ALFA Romeo build their bodies out of the same thing they build their engines out of????Ciao Daz
AO Silver Member
County: -
So true.... My engine (and whole car) were stalled for 7 years and all it wanted was a new battery and fresh gas on the tank to mix with and it started with no problems.
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
that was very cheap for an engine with all ancilliaries and all the fuelling gubbins.

I sold a dusty set of Lancia Beta strut inserts for that money. I spend that on my 156 every month, it seems!

Is it that the 16v engine isn't as wanted as the 8v, or simply the market is flooded with more cars being dismantled than driven?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

16v , boxer , ebay , engine