Used a lot of different tyre makes and compounds when I was running my 33 on 14".
Tried Goodyear Eagle
- crap. No handling and very very bad in wet conditions
BF Goodrich Momentum
- nice and soft but ... maybe very soft ! I used those up in just 3 months
Bridgestone Potenza P720
- Noisy and uneven wear. Good in dry but crap in wet.
- Between Medium and soft blend. Not a bad tyre for either wet or dry. Does not handle a lot of stress on high speed corners though because the sidewalls are not so strong.
- blend something between medium and hard. Again noisy and ... not so good in wet. I think those would be great on a heavier car.
Dunlop Sport 7000
- ..... use those only if you have a death wish
They never wear out but will never be there for you either !
Last I used TIGAR
tyres - those were used because I was broke at the time.
My favourites are Pirelli's.
You can use the Pirelli Dragon
tyre, which is listed as a semi slick tyre with medium to hard blend. Strong sidewalls and very nice in both wet and dry. Not so expensive either.
If you are looking for something a bit cheaper and a bit softer you can go for the Pirelli P6000
. This is better on comfort but not as good on high speed cornering.
Finally if you are just looking for a comfortable ride that handles well in both wet and dry but not in high speeds, you can also use MARANGONI
. Those are made by the same factory as Pirelli but they are the cheaper range !
You see, its a good thing to have one of your best friends that owns a tyre shop
.... and yes, I have used up lots and lots of tyres