Engine oil - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Engine oil

Hello again,

It's time for an oil change on my 33, but I don't know which brand to use. Last time I used Selenia 20K AR. I had some problems in the winter (-27 C) with this oil, and I used Esso 10W40. What would u recommend to use. The car has 150k km, and it's oil consumption is very close to zero. Since we have pretty cold winters here, I really dont know what to use. Tnx
Sponsored Links
AO Member
In such a cold climate you should get 5w-40 (at least) or maybe even 0w-40.
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0 TS

I would recommend Mobil 1 5w-50. It's a fully synthetic oil and it works great in very cold weather (pour point is at -45 C) and it also offers a very good protection during summer.

All the best
aiculedtzu ,

I'm glad that u reply to my post's on this forum, as well as on the "Autoshow" Forum. My nick is "Alfa". Be well !!!!
AO Member
all these oils such as mobil 1 are real expesive, the best we find out here (admittedly it's not that cold) is castrol r synthetic 10/60 (real expsive though about 80 AUD for 5 litres) i personally have found that anything sub 50 ain't so good in a boxer unless you have an oil cooler i was using 10 50 for a long time and was getting pretty low consumption, but with a 60 i get near none, maybe 50ml after 5000ks if that

mobil 1 is good though and i would say th 5/50 would be the go, but it isn't cheap, and synthetic oils will create a lot of oil leaks for aboth 10,000ks if you haven't been using fully synthetic oils in you engine already as the seals need time to condition themselves to these oils

Goats, A Robust solution for a high tech world!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

engine , oil