Problems!!!! Oil leak from drain plug!!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 22-11-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 1.5 i.e

Problems!!!! Oil leak from drain plug!!!!!

10 days ago I've changed engine oil
(Agip sint 10w/40) ,yesturday I've noticed that a small amount of oil is leaking from drain plug.
I've visited my mehanic today so he says he will fix it in monday..
Now it's dillema, since oil(just changed) need to be drain out to fix the drain plug. My mehanic sugested to refill same oil after fixing.
But somehow I'm affraid that the oil dont gonna be drained in sterile enviroment so some dirt particals may make oil dirty...and I for sure don't want dirt back in my engine..
To listen my mehanic suggestions or to put brand new oil in my engine??(may look expencive, but...engine repair will be more expencive.... right, and I love my bella)
Please suggestions and expirience...need opinions before fixing in monday...
Thanks bros...!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Setúbal

In my opinion (I'm not a mechanic) don't put the oil back in... I think it will come along with all the rubbish thats in the sump (some one correct me if I'm wrong).
BTW, did you change the oil yourself or did you get it changed at a mechanic? If a mechanic did it you could call upon his responsabilities and get him to fix the problem, change the oil, free of charge.

Whatever you do I think it would be wise to change the oil... But it could just be a matter of fastening the sump plug...

Hope it helps

All the Best

Driving is a Passion... but doing it with an Alfa is a way of life...

.................................................. .........

My Photo Gallery at
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 22-11-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 1.5 i.e

Thanks Sergio ,it's changed at a mechanic but I don't think it's his fault, since during the low economic standard in my country... Mehanics stoped to ask people about changing sump plug, so everybody tries to go with cheaper service..
Mine sump plug is never changed for last 8 years .. so it's propably my fault because I didn't do it every few changes of oil(as recomended by manufacturers)..
But you are right, and I'm definitely putting new oil, if the old one need to be drained during fixing...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

drain , leak , oil , plug , problems