Exhaust... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 02-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi guys,
Im about to change my exhaust system of my Sprint 1.7. I wanted to fit a 4 in 1 but my mechanic said that a 4 in 2 in 1 would be better. The exhaust I have at the moment is the 1.5 version so the piping has to be of a bigger diameter on the new system. He said that with a 4 in 1 system the power would decrease rather than increase! Please tell me what's best. I dont want any more noise if possible (the engine's noise is more than enough!) - I only want a gain in speed (and of course a better breathing system for the new engine I have fitted !)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
You mechaninc is full of crap, 4 in 1 is better for power, 4 in 2 in 1 can be better for torque though, but on a sud the length is important, which is mesures from the valve seat, and i can't remember the length but they all meet together unde the front part of the gaerbox sump
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Sold :(

I think there is a guide some where on the net about modifying the exhaust on a boxer based Alfa Romeo but I have no idea where it is any more. But as S75 said the end result is that a 4-1 is better by far.

(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 04-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
I fitted the 4 in exhaust system. I guess the power has improved more than i had expected!But the fishtail is ugly, its silver, and on a red sprint without kits and sh**, in my opinion it doesnt look that good no?! Its quite a problem to find a suitable fishtail on my sprint cause of the sprints' "old" look! If you have any fishtail pictures that in your opinion suits a standard red sprint, please dont bother to let me know - thanks!
Regards - James
I was wondering.. I own a Alfa Romeo 33 1.7ie 16V Boxer QV, and my exhaust system i falling of I want to change this system to a sprint system.. I called Alfa Rosso in sweden an asked, they have a CSC system.. Is this ok? Or do you guys have a better proposal?
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

the 16v has a different manifold so if it fits a 8v it wont fit a 16v. sorry

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint