Another small problem.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 06-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Another small problem..

Guys i guess you all know i fitted a 17 8v engine on my sprint. When i rev it up to 4000 Revs on the fourth gear (even on the 3rd) misfires. I tink there isnt enough petrol in the carbs for the engine 2 run correctly when doing so. It could be that the fuel pump is not efficient enough for this engine. When this happens it keeps on working very badly as if fuel stops completely from coming into the carbs. If the pump is gone then i'll better fit an electrical 1 ey? AANyways tnx alot 4 your help !! I would be grateful if you have any ideas on what is happening!Thanks!

Regards James
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
i think Carl had something similar on the Sud.. turned out to be the {wirdiena} in the distributor - he also thought it was the fuel pumps but he was wrong... (he's ot electrical pumps though)

btw is the 1.7 too thirsty? wink
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

JMA, are you sure the ignition advance is working properly ? Does it have an electronic ignition system, or a regular mechanical advance system? Check it out. Otherwise, fit an electronic pump, that oughta solve it.

AO Member
For my engine it does actually require a electric fuel pump putiing about 5-7 psi of pressure, as for the distributor it could be a problem, also if the main jets and emulsion tubes in the carb are loose it will also cause similar problems
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Ok the manual fuel pump was the problem - it was faulty. Now i put another "new" manual pump but maybe later on i will have 2 fit the electric one cause i will soon get the 4 in 1 exhaust system. Banflu - its not as thirsty...but wen i step on the gas , it becomes quite thirsty indeed!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

problem , small