Australia: Good body shop - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Sold :(

Australia: Good body shop

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a good body shop in Melbourne preferably in the East somewhere. I need some more work done to my Sprint unfortunately. It has suffered a pretty hefty blow to the wheel arch and front door from an embankment. The front suspension control arm has also buckled (its joint was rusty, hmm no good.) but upon inspection that appears to be the only major problem that can be seen with the naked eye. The car may tell a different tale after I have replaced that particular arm and bushes etc.

I am pretty sure one of the rear tyres was the root cause of the spin (it was flat as a tack after I got out and took a look, wasn't that way when leaving the house though ). But as always driver fault must have been a major contribution, accidents don't just happen do they?

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." Samuel Johnson
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Don't be hard on yourself, if the tyre was flat to start with you would have felt it, i gather you run the standard 60 profile sprint sud type tyre, when a tyre with that much profile goes down the car does some strange stuff like will feel like you've got a square wheel or give huuuuge (darryl eastlake there) wriggles or something like that,

Give Pace engineering a ring (03) 9844 0147 and the'll put you throught to a panel beater who likes to work with alfa's as most panel beaters hate them as they catch on fire (sud's & sprint particularly)

Most aussie guys don't understand alfas, and as a result will not want to work on them,

I know a lot of italians here who are panel beaters and my panel beater is greek so he understands italian cars,

But Vin Sharpe at pace will know a good one in melbourne, otherwise call AROCA as their magazine always has panel guys advertising in there (i read the VIC magazine once a month)

Goats, A Robust solution for a high tech world!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

australia , body , good , shop