Paint Scratch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Diego Guerrero
Paint Scratch

What's the best way to remove scratches that haven't gone all the way down to the primer? Hand polish? Polishing machine? Or have a pro do it.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Hi Diego,

Try using a light rubbing down compound on a small area first.
But not too hard as you do not want to rub down to the primer.

I have used rubbing down compound, or applications that cut back the paintwork for many a scratch.

Then apply a good wax polish when finished.

Hi Diego

Some lowlife ran a coin or something across the bonnet of one of my previous cars. It was white. I use Turtle Wax's Restoritive polish - the one with the crayon thing with it. That cured the problem. Worth a look, but T-Cut should do the trick.
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Hi Diego.

Your car's still red? Been a while since we last had a "conversation". (On the Alfa33 pages). Any rubbing compound wil do marvels, be carefull though on sharp edges, as the paint will soon be gone if U over do it.

All the best

Diego Guerrero
Hello Hoygaard,

I'm glad you remembered our little chat, it was regarding the engine bearings. Well I really didn't need to change them after all. Done over 10,000km with the original reground crank, and alumium sud bearing on the rods and the engine runs perfect. My mechanic couldn't stop saying how good the engine runs, his words, " Don't touch it, keep the spare parts just in case"

By the way, my car's color is Blue Spazio, or something like that, very nice color, looks black at night, although it's very dirty, can't have the car specless for more that 2 days.

Alfaman: Thanks for the tips, I'll give Turtle Wax rubbing compound a shot. I too have various white scratches

Thanks again for the tips guys

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

paint , scratch