What MPG and range do you get with your Alfa? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
What MPG and range do you get with your Alfa?

Just wondered whether my 23mpg / 230 miles per tank (until fuel light is constantly on) for a UK 1988 Alfa Sprint 1.7 Cloverleaf driven aggressively was unusual! What do you get in your 33's and Alfasuds also? I have noticed I get slightly more mpg with Shell Optimax petrol - but the extra expense may cancel out this benefit!
Sponsored Links
I get about 30mpg in my 33 Boxer 16V QV. That's about 270 miles to a tank. I tried the dearer petrol too and thought I noticed a difference in mpg, but it was probably wishful thinking... She's a thirsty one. My Doblo JTD does about 49mpg and I get a more reasuring 470 miles to a tank. Much better.....
AO Member
with my sud i once got 99km out of a tank, bout 40 mile but i usually get 300km in the city,(just shy of 200 mile) will go to bout 400kn highway
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

I get about 210 miles to a tank in the sprint. Driven gently to the track, then Trashed & gently home again. The carb's are set a little rich.

but with a lighter foot 240/250 should be possible. try taking it easy for a tank & see how you get on.

Anyone noticed how everyone with a sprint seems to hammer them
AO Silver Member
County: Setúbal
On my 33 16v I normally get a fuel consumption of 8l/100km - 8,5l/100km, driving normally to work, sometimes acelerating hard (3rd gear to 150km/h) under overtaking...
Last week I've done a 7,5l/100km, driving pretty easy (not always... there is alway a truck to overtake )
Once I even got a 6.2l/km average when I went on holidays getting 690KM out of 43l, pretty nice
But when she gets thirsty shhe swallows up 13l/100km:

All the best

Last summer my 1,5 Sprint did round about 15km/per litre. I was pretty impressed...
AO Member

I always go on the trip meter rather than the gauge to determine how much petrol I actually have left - I know that when I get to about 225-250 miles I need to get petrol quite quickly! So I guess your experience is about right.

I did once manage 38mpg in a 95bhp sud many years ago. I was driving down to M4 to Wales following my then girlfriend at a steady 70mph, so better mpg is possible, but a bit boring!

Diego Guerrero
I'm getting about 6.3lt/100km, on my 33 Series 3, 1.3 I.E. Very light driving, 100 km/h or less, on a hilly and curvy two lane highway.
Using the A/C, it probably drops to 10lt/100km. Anyways, they're pretty economical cars, they get about the same mileage as some of the modern TDi diesels out there, without the sluggish performance and nasty noise.
AO Member
err, in the month before my engine blew up, i used to get 250 ks outta a tank of 98 ron optimax/synergy8000/bp ultimate...and that was driving to and from school...gently at that!! on the weekends it would drain a tank in just over 100ks...very expensive when 98 ron is about $1aud plus a litre
AO Platinum Member
I dunno about all that litres per kilometer stuff - all a bit Continental for me.

My old P4 did 35 miles per gallon most of the time - about 360 miles on a tank.

Best was 39mpg, taking it easy on a long trip once.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

alfa , mpg , range