looking 4 that car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
looking 4 that car

im looking for a 33 wagon series 3 does any body know if they were imported to australia?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Hi Timmy

Bad news i'm afraid, no series 2 or 3 wagons were officially imported to Australia.

The only S3 cars imported to OZ were the 16V hatch and Permanent 4 in 1991-92.

Even in NZ that gets most stuff that doesn't come here there were only series 1 and 2 wagons- mind you the euro spec 118bhp 1.7 wagons did go really well...

I have only seen one series 3 wagon, a 2WD 1.7ie in NZ about 5 yrs ago but that was a private import from the UK.

Shame really, I would buy a S3 1.7ie hatch myself if I could find a (good) one- there is one I have seen in Melbourne- probably a private import too.

If you want a S3 with 4WD your only option in OZ is a Permanent 4- there were very few imported but talk to Eminence if you want one and don't mind a trip to Tassie..
its about what i thought. so i have to put up with the speedo playing up and no power steering. if i can get my hands on a 1.7 motor i will put that in the old girl, i just upped the wheels to 14s off a 88 1.7 33 a few other things might just have to get added.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint