Sud restoration project for sale - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Sud restoration project for sale

Amazing what pops up on ebay these days, looks like £300 well spent if you have the time...

Here's the link: Click Here

And here's what the seller has to say:

For sale as a restoration project or for parts. I purchased this car about 4 years ago and used it on a daily basis until 2 years ago when I decided to restore it to its former glory. Most of the bodywork has been done already; it just needs preparation and painting. Unfortunately I have not had the time to finish it and have reluctantly decided to sell it. When I bought it the car had just been put back on the road after being in storage for a few years, and apart from a few rusts spots (nowhere near as bad as most Suds suffer) it was in fantastic condition. It just needed work to get it to its original condition. Whoever gets the car will have all the spare parts I bought to finish the job. The parts alone are worth a lot more than the reserve price I have set, so whoever gets it will get a good deal. Here's the spec: 1984 1.5 TI Green Cloverleaf,Silver, ca 54000 miles (very full history file, MOT's & tax discs to prove), all original handbooks, etc. Work done already: inner wings, suspension turrets, sills. Parts bought: Door bottoms, rear valance, 4x wheel arch replacements Electrics: all working fine (even the heater!!) Engine: runs fine, and I had no problems at all when I was using it. I had the carbs re-furbished while work was being done on the bodywork, so these will need balancing. Wheels & tyres: unmarked original alloys and plenty of tread left in the tyres. Trim: all original plus replacements from a donor car. The seats are as new. When I bought the car, the front seats were worn (as happens with all Green Cloverleafs) so I had them re-done using 2 other seats I had. They are now as new, and these alone are worth a lot of money. I don't think I've seen another Sud with unworn front seats. I've included a few pictures of the car in its present state, but if you need more info just email me.PLEASE NOTE I HAVE GOT THE ORIGINAL DOORS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT IN THE PHOTOS! The car must be picked up from near Edenbridge in Kent, and please, no haggling. The price is final - please don't waste your time or my time! I also have a 5 door Gold Cloverleaf 1.5 for sale for parts. Lots of money has been spent in the past, including a complete new braking system. Price negotiable on collection of the other Sud.

Where has he been?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Sold :(

Pity it isn't a 1.7 Sprint QV
Vasilios Zaharitsef
Too bad the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

project , restoration , sale , sud